Paramount+ is adding to their soccer arsenal by streaming the UEFA Women’s World Cup Qualifiers starting Thursday, Sep. 16.
With the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup moving into the qualification phase, UEFA’s group play begins this week. The 51 nations will play home and away matches against the opposing four or five teams in their group.
Paramount+ Adds to Soccer Coverage
The rise of streaming services over the last several years led to more coverage of soccer. Now, you are able to find games that previously would have been limited to certain areas or certain cable packages.
Unfortunately, many of the streaming platforms necessary for complete coverage of soccer are paid-subscription services. Paramount+ is no different. With a base price of $4.99 per month, CBS’s streaming service provides access to a number of different content options. Still, for the devoted soccer fans, Paramount+ carries the UEFA Champions League, Europa League and Conference League, as well as soccer in Italy and Scotland.
READ MORE: U.S. TV and streaming links for worldwide soccer leagues and competitions.
Moreover, the service also carries World Cup Qualifiers. Currently, the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers and the Asian World Cup Qualifiers have a home on the service.
Now, the company is entering the women’s soccer market. Between September and November, the service will feature 15 games from UEFA’s Women’s World Cup Qualifiers. These games feature teams like Sweden, the Netherlands and France, all of which make deep runs during the Women’s World Cup.
Also, the service announced their broadcasts of CONCACAF Women’s World Cup Qualifiers. Although, that qualification does not start until November 2021. Similarly, the Asian Women’s World Cup Qualifiers have a home in Paramount+. The 2022 AFC Women’s Asian Cup, which serves as the qualifying tournament for the region, starts January 2022.
Overall, the service provides in excess of 2,000 live matches each year. The combination of international and league coverage makes the service essential for all fans.
UEFA Women’s World Cup
In many ways, the Women’s World Cup qualifying process mirrors that of the men’s in UEFA.
There are 51 teams in the women’s side of qualification. These teams compete in eight groups of five or six teams. The eight group winners automatically advance to the 2023 Women’s World Cup in Australia and New Zealand. The second-place finishers are then compared based on their performances. The three second-place teams that performed the best in the group stage advance to the World Cup.
Not all of these games will be available on Paramount+. In fact, just 15 of them are on the streaming service. Notably, six of the 15 feature the England Women’s National Team, and four will include the Germany Women’s National Team.
Below is the full schedule of games to be aired on the streaming service with their associated dates.
|Friday, 9/17||England||North Macedonia|
|Thursday. 10/21||Denmark||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Saturday, 10/23||England||Northern Ireland|
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get all 3 and save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family