fuboTV will broadcast the CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers, and they’re bringing a new angle of entertainment for viewers.
Free-to-play games and live stats updates will appear during the games streamed through the service. Recently, fubo beta tested these features during CONMEBOL games in June. Now, it is releasing these to the general viewing audience.
The service wants to keep fans more engaged with the games on air. In the program’s beta stage, the service found that active viewers stayed on 37 percent longer than those who did not use the games or stats.
Games and stats on fuboTV
fuboTV declares themselves the leader in sports-first live TV streaming. With their self-proclaimed lofty pedigree, they must innovate.
Live stats are nothing truly exceptional, NBC does something similar with their Premier League coverage when watching on the app. However, the other new addition is something to keep an eye on.
With some people claiming that soccer is too boring with a 90-minute game, the service is combating that with the games. Additionally, the games brought in during CONMEBOL matches come with an added bonus. These games, which are predictive of the game to come, enter players into a competition for a cash prize.
READ MORE: Where to watch World Cup Qualifying from other FIFA confederations.
For example, questions may ask “will there be over or under four goals in this match?” If a viewer gets that question right, they earn a certain number of points. At the end of the matchday involving five games, the viewer with the most points wins a $1,000 prize.
fuboTV wants to turn the passive viewer into an active viewer, and games and stats are at the forefront of that mission. Moreover, fubo also has plans to introduce a real-money wagering app known as Fubo Sportsbook. This app also should be released in the coming weeks and months. Therefore, it could likely appear with the free-to-play games and stats as interactive options during live streams.
Also, for those that want simply the game, these options can be canceled easily as they are not mandatory to watch.
CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifying Schedule
fuboTV’s coverage of the CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers starts on Thursday, Sep. 2. Then, five games each day get the ball rolling in the 10-team round-robin to decide the teams to travel to Qatar 2022.
All times Eastern
Thursday, October 12
Tuesday, October 17
25+ Channels With Sports & News
- Starting price: $33/mo. for fubo Latino Package
- Watch Premier League, Liga MX, MLS & World Cup
- Includes ESPN, FOX, Univision, TUDN and more
Favorite Leagues At The Best Price
- Starting price: $7.99/mo. for Live TV Package
- Watch Argentine league, Brasileirāo and Copa Libertadores
- Includes beIN SPORTS, GolTV, TyC Sports and more
Many Sports & ESPN Originals
- Price: $6.99/mo. (or get ESPN+, Hulu & Disney+ for $13.99/mo.)
- Features LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, Copa del Rey & more
- Also includes daily ESPN FC news & highlights show
Live TV, Soccer & Originals
- Starting price: $4.99/mo.
- Features Champions League, Serie A, Europa League & more
- Includes CBS, Star Trek & CBS Sports HQ
175 Premier League Games & PL TV
- Starting price: $4.99/mo. for Peacock Premium
- Watch 175 exclusive EPL games per season
- Includes Premier League TV channel plus movies, TV shows & more
Get all 3 and save 30%
- $13.99/mo. for ESPN+, Disney+ & Hulu
- Includes Bundesliga, LaLiga, NHL & the home to UFC
- Features Marvel, Star Wars + shows & movies for your entire family