Worth watching this weekend
Saturday, November 17 –
7:45am Arsenal v Tottenham / Premiership
LIVE on ESPN2 & ESPN Deportes
– Action starts early with two teams looking average at best this season. Neither team has found the right combination after a painful summer of transfers that saw their top talent plying their trade elsewhere this season. This is an important match for both teams as a loss to either will put them too far from the likes of Man City, United and Chelsea. Will one of these teams finally start a streak worthy of their talent?
10:00am West Brom v Chelsea / Premiership
………LIVE on FoxSoccer & FoxDeportes
– I wouldn’t have had this match as a must-see in the beginning of the season but West Brom have been the surprise team of the early season and find themselves in 5th place. Meanwhile, Chelsea were on top of the Premiership just 3 weeks ago but have not seen a victory since. Big test for West Brom who have already beaten Liverpool and Everton here at home.
12:00pm Juventus v Lazio / Serie A
…….LIVE on beINSport-HD & RAI…..DELAYED on beINSport-esp. @ 8:30pm.
– Juventus bounced back in a big way from their first season loss to Inter by making embarassing Pescara 6-1 last weekend. Now they face a quality team in Lazio who are fresh off a Roma Derby victory and will be looking to narrow the current 9-point gap to league leaders Juve. Juventus have won the last 4 encounters and have not dropped all 3 points to Lazio in their last 7 head-to-head matchups.
2:45pm Napoli v AC Milan / Serie A
……LIVE on RAI……DELAYED on beINSport-esp. @ 6pm & beINSport-HD @ 8:30pm
– Milan looked to be on their way back after an impressive 5-1 victory over Chievo 2 weekends ago. But it was followed up by a disappointing 1-1 draw in the CL versus Malaga and then a shock 3-1 loss at home to Fiorentina in Serie A. A loss here will put them closer to a relegation spot and the safety of mid-table. Napoli are very much still in the hunt for the title and know that they will be facing a wounded animal in this matchup and cannot afford to take Milan for granted.
Sunday, November 18 –
3:00pm Bordeaux v Marseille / Ligue 1
…….DELAYED on beINSport-HD @ 7:30pm
– Bordeaux may be in 6th place but with some help, they could actually head the table with a win over 2nd placed Marseille. That is how close things are in Ligue-1 these days. A real shame that none of the networks involved (beINSport & Univision Deportes) will not carry this match in its entirety. What we are stuck with is a 30-minute version on beINSport-HD. Better than nothing I guess…
4:00pm DC United v Houston / MLS Playoffs
…….LIVE on NBCSports & Univision Deportes
– This 2nd leg Conference Final is for the right to play in the MLS Cup on December 1st. Houston are in the drivers seat with a 3-1 advantage from the 1st leg. The score guarantees an open match as DC United must attack from the get go to make up the 2-goal deficit.
9:00pm Seattle v LA Galaxy / MLS Playoffs
…….LIVE on ESPN2 & ESPN Deportes
– The other Conference Final with LA strongly in command after a 3-0 home win in the 1st leg. Again, a wide open affair is on order as Seattle must attack from the starting whistle.