NBC Announce Premier League Plans
NBC UNVEIL PREMIER LEAGUE PLANS
Today in New York, NBC announced their plans for covering the Premier League when their 3 year, $250 million deal begins at the start of the 2013-14 season. Overall, the news is great for soccer fans: All 380 matches will be aired LIVE on TV in some capacity. Here is a breakdown of the coverage:
- All 380 matches presented live on television with studio pre- and post-game coverage;
- All 380 matches streamed live via NBC Sports Live Extra;
- 154 matches on NBCSports Network;
- 20 matches on the main NBC Network;
- 76 Spanish-language telecasts, 10 on Telemundo, 66 on Mun2;
- 22 matches on NBC Sports Group (Universal) channels;
- Games not aired on a designated NBC Sports Group channel will be made available to distributors via Premier League Extra Time, a package of overflow television channels available at no extra cost for each of their customers who receives NBC Sports Network;
- Championship Sunday – May 11, 2014, all 10 Premier League matches will be available live on a different NBC Sports Group channels;
- More than 600 hours of Premier League original programming.
Arlo White, who calls MLS games on NBCSports Network, will handle play by play from the stadia in England. Lee Dixon and Graeme Le Saux will handle analysis while former England national team player, Gary Lineker, will be a special contributor.
Video of NBC’s announcement can be seen HERE.